How much better to get wisdom than gold,
to get insight rather than silver! ~ Proverbs 16:16
There are very few things in life that can never be taken away, will never go out of style, and that truly make you a better person. An education is one of those things. At Rockford Lutheran School we understand this and want to help make private education a reality. Tuition assistance is available on the basis of demonstrated need. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total costs of a Rockford Lutheran education, you are encouraged to apply.
School & Student Services (SSS) provides a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from SSS are used by the Rockford Lutheran School award committee in accordance with its policies to determine the award amount. School & Student Services is a service that works with families and schools to create successful educational opportunities. Applications for tuition assistance may be completed online at https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal. The $55.00 processing fee is made payable to SSS. Failure to pay the processing fee may delay the evaluation.
Information for Parents
School & Student Services offers a host of resources that provide valuable information and tips on completing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Link HERE. (https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents/)
When completing the application, you will need to have the following available to email or fax to SSS:
- SSS Code for families to complete their application is 200181
- Household members’ last 3 years’ federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned)
- Most recent W-2s from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e., welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation, etc.,)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership, or trust
Need help completing your application? Help for parents is available by phone or email on the SSS website. Or you can contact Stephanie Androwich, 815-877-9551 x137 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ashley Larson, 815-877-9551 x135 (email@example.com).
Illinois enacted the Invest In Kids Scholarship Tax Credit Program in 2017. This program offers a 75 percent income tax credit to individuals and businesses that contribute to qualified Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs). The SGOs then provide scholarships for students whose families meet the income requirements to attend qualified, non-public schools in Illinois. Learn more about the income tax credit scholarship program’s funding, eligibility, benefits and regulations.