January 9, 2018
Reminder: This Thursday, Jan 11th is a late start day. First hour begins at 8:45am.
Dippettes: Dippettes will be here tomorrow, January 10th during lunches.
Suessical Rehearsals Monday & Tuesday: All cast is called for rehearsals today, Jan. 9th from 4-6pm. Please see Mrs. McBee if you have any questions.
Second Semester Schedule Changes:
- Schedules changes can be requested by a parent or a teacher who has concerns about the placement of a student and their success in the current class. A signed form is necessary for these changes to take place. Forms are available in the Guidance Office.
- Class schedules can be adjusted if the change will be in the best interest of the classes involved. An example would be to balance out the number of students in the corresponding classes.
- We cannot assure that class and schedule changes can be made based on job or work schedules.
- We cannot assure that class and schedule changes can be made to accommodate a late arrival or early dismissal.
- Once the semester begins, students have 10 days to make schedule changes.
Please feel free to be in contact with the Guidance Office if you have questions or changes to be made. Mrs. Woolbright and Mr. Kortze would be glad to assist you.
High School Track & Field: Registration is open for High School Track and Field. Practices begin on January 16th from 4:00-5:30pm meeting in Mr. Poppe’s room (111). If you have any questions, see Mr. Poppe sometime this week.
Math Team Informational Meeting: Come to room 116 (Mr. Wiederkehr’s room) to get information about Math Team, sign up to participate and stick around for practice today, January 9th at 3:15.
Football Players and anyone interested in playing football for the Crusaders next season: Today, January 9th, there will be a MANDATORY football meeting at 3:15pm in the back of the MPR. The offseason and weight room schedules will be discussed. Again, that’s 3:15pm on Tuesday for a brief meeting.
NHS Meeting: There will be a National Honor Society meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 11th during homeroom in the MPR.
GCU Men's Basketball vs. Chicago State
Juniors and Seniors, if you are interested in Grand Canyon University, here is your chance to see the Lopes in Chicago! Join local alumni, students, faculty and fans at the GCU vs. Chicago State game on Thursday, Jan. 18. You and your guests will enjoy free admission. See Mr. Kortze for details.
Early Dismissal: 1/9/18 Girls Bowling @ 2:30pm
Math Counts: All 7th and 8th grade students interested in competing in the Math Counts competition this year should attend an informational meeting and practice this Thursday from 3:15-4:00pm in room 111 with Mr. Poppe. If interested but unable to attend, please see Mr. Poppe sometime this week.
Attention 8th grade students: Submit your designs for the 8th grade class sweatshirt by Wednesday, January 10 to Mrs. Fustin in room 121. Voting will be on Thursday and Friday, January 11-12.
This week Mrs. Sievert will supervise in room 108.
AFTER SCHOOL STUDY HALL:
This week Mr. Sievert will supervise in room 102.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
2 Corinthians 5:17