Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him… Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord… It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:17, 23-24
Staff Positions Currently Open
RLA Extended Care
Join the Rockford Lutheran Team! Positions Open in Extended Care at Rockford Lutheran Elementary Extended Care employees work with preschool or elementary students, supervising their activities and keeping them safe. Parking Lot Supervision involves keeping students safe as they cross the parking lot between the early childhood building and the K-5 building.
Two Extended Care Positions Open at the Elementary School :
6:15 – 8:00 AM M-F Extended Care (6:15-7:40 AM) including Parking Lot Supervision (7:40-8:00 AM)
7:00 – 7:45 AM M-F Extended Care
Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (hourly)
WORK SCHEDULE: Primarily school year (Aug. to May) including some evenings/weekends as needed; reduced summer hours may be available/required
HOURS PER WEEK: variable up to 30 hours per week, average expected 25 hours per week
The Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator provides and coordinates support for admissions and recruitment activities, enrollment and retention efforts, student activities, and oversees the international student program. The Coordinator will provide support to the admissions office in responding to inquiries and assisting with the admissions process while providing regular contact with external constituents to increase the number of new inquiries for admissions. The Coordinator will administer and coordinate the admissions process for international students; coordinates the homestay program; maintains relationships with international recruiters; assists in providing academic and emotional support to international students and efficiently maintains the schools SEVIS record systems as the designated school official (DSO). The Coordinator will assist student leadership, school administration and faculty sponsors in organizing and supporting student services activities that sustain a positive culture where all students are encouraged to be included and celebrated and that drives strong retention, including support to: student clubs, student government, cultural awareness activities, and student activity events, especially those that draw parents and community members.
Instructional Faculty Openings
Jr./Sr. High School Campus:
> High School Biology (ability to teach advanced coursework and be certified to teach dual-credit courses in Biology preferred)
> Jr. High School (Gr 6-8) English & Reading
None at this time
Essential Duties for ALL Instructional Positions
- Integrates Biblical principles and Christian worldview throughout curriculum, while presenting the specific beliefs of the ELCA and LCMS church bodies in balance
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and concepts following approved curriculum and appropriate learning activities to enable students to achieve established course standards of achievement
- Utilizes a variety of methodologies of instruction using educational equipment, books, and learning aids
- Uses instructional technology resources effectively when appropriate and provides for online learning resources and class support via Canvas or Google Classroom, including an online gradebook
- Prepares well-developed lesson plans according to school policy and course objectives
- Adapts teaching methods and materials to meet student needs, interests, and abilities
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an effective learning environment
- Communicates with students, parents, other faculty, staff, counselors and administrators regarding academic and behavioral issues
- Maintains appropriate professional interaction with students, parents, administrators, co-workers, and other colleagues
- Attends school functions, faculty meetings, in-service events, conferences, retreats, and workshops
- Strives for personal professional development
- Meets the physical demands generally necessary for effective teaching
- Additional duties as assigned
Senior Administrative Position Openings
Rockford Lutheran School (RLS) seeks to fill the positions of Jr. & Sr. High School Principal (grades 6-12) and Elementary School Principal (Preschool-grade 5) beginning with the 2023-2024 academic year. Rockford Lutheran School is a co-educational, private Christian upper school serving over 710 students in Preschool through grade 12 from throughout the Rockford and surrounding Stateline area. The Rockford Lutheran School ministry is based on three guiding principles central to its purpose statement and the overall mission of RLS: seeking academic excellence, being a Christ-Centered Christian community, and developing leadership in service.
The Mission of RLS is be the provider of an exceptional college preparatory education in a challenging and inspiring Christian environment.
In keeping with this mission and purpose, a Principal of Rockford Lutheran School is the senior leader for his or her campus and serves on the school-wide Executive Council leadership team reporting to the Head of School. While providing overall effective and exemplary Christian leadership, the Principal is responsible for the supervision, motivation and development of all teachers and staff within the school, oversight and management of school curricula, attracting and developing the highest caliber teaching faculty, the implementation and clear communications of school policies and crafting efficient procedures with an eye towards continuous quality improvement, and representing the school to the community working collaboratively with the Head of School, Enrollment Management and Advancement staff to maintain strong levels of support for the student and program needs of the assigned school division(s) of his or her campus.
- Understand the needs of ecumenically diverse high school students as they develop spiritually together in the junior and senior high school setting.
- Provide focus and alignment of all aspects of the school program to our shared belief statements as a Lutheran characterized, Christian school.
- Be bold in his/her personal sharing of the Gospel and its life changing influences.
- Demonstrate passion for the Christian mission of Rockford Lutheran School and promote aggressive actions to achieve it.
- Be skilled at faculty selection, motivation and development with the goal of bringing both academic excellence and strong Christian witnesses to students.
- Incorporate Scripture and Lutheran doctrine as the foundation for decision making in the school and in all communications.
- Ensure effective use of assessment methods to regularly evaluate instructional and curricular choices to maintain the highest level of student learning as a college-preparatory high school.
- Honor the past successes of the school while visioning appropriate change for improvement.
- Champion a best-practice and research-informed culture of excellence in teaching and learning that incorporates 21st Century skills development and pedagogy methods.
- Be insightful into the individual development of teachers to maximize professional growth.
- Support the use of technology in the academic program of the school, including the 1:1 device program.
- Promote student participation in high-quality extracurricular activities that support the development of lifelong healthy habits.
- Enthusiastically and personally support students in a wide range of activities and be visible at a wide range of school activities, including clubs, athletics, fine arts, service, admissions and fundraising events.
- Models Christian servant leadership and the values of service, supports and encourages the development of these traits in others and understands the power of recognition of these traits as they emerge in students.
- Purposely capitalizes on the diversity in the student body to promote social growth for all.
The successful candidate will hold an Illinois Professional Educator License with a Principal endorsement or be a certified school administrator in another state, or should be capable and prepared to become licensed as a school administrator in the State of Illinois, and should have earned Master’s degree. An understanding of school, management business and finance is preferred along with previous administrative experience in a school setting. The salary is competitive and is determined by relevant experience and educational attainment. Benefits for this position include paid vacation, sick leave, health insurance, retirement contributions and disability benefits.
Candidates interested in this position should complete the RLS Teacher Employment Application found on the website at https://www.rockfordlutheran.org/employment. Email a letter of interest, current resume and completed employment application to: Stephanie Androwich, at email@example.com or by mail to: Rockford Lutheran School, ATTN: Stephanie Androwich, HR/Benefits Administrator, 3411 N. Alpine Rd. Rockford, IL 61114.
Nominations are also encouraged and should include a letter of recommendation and current contact information for the nominee and should also be emailed to Mrs. Androwich at the same address. For consideration, all candidates must be a confirmed member of a Lutheran Church with either the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) or The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). Preference will be given to candidates on the LCMS roster or be eligible and willing to attain that status.
A completed and signed employment application is required to be considered for any position with Rockford Lutheran School.
You may also mail these items in hard copy :
Rockford Lutheran School
ATTN: Stephanie Androwich, HR/Benefits Administrator
3411 N. Alpine Rd.
Rockford, IL 61114
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. 1 Peter 4:10