- Students are grouped according to academic evaluation and their curriculum adjusted to allow for individual success in reading, math and language arts.
- Problem solving techniques are emphasized in all areas of learning.
- Methods of instruction strive to provide rich contests and accommodate a variety of skills and learning methods to assist children with different learning styles.
- Implementation of “Hands On” science at every level with emphasis on experimentation and inquiry.
- Computers in our computer lab and classrooms in addition to smart boards and document cameras allow for technology enhancement to our curriculum.
- Foreign Language Students begin learning Spanish in Pre-School and continue through fifth grade.
- Music, Art and Drama
- Students actively participate in the arts throughout classroom curriculum, visiting speakers and authors.
- Chimes are offered in 1st and 2nd grades and as an elective in 3rd grade.
- Band is offered in 4th and 5th grade.
- Orchestra is offered in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade.
- Fifth grade students compete in the Rock Valley Lutheran Athletic Conference.
- A wide variety of athletics opportunities are available for students from 2nd grade and up through area sports clubs.
- Physical education is included in the curriculum for all grades.
The most compelling reason we can give any family to send their child to Rockford Lutheran Academy is the success of students who begin their academic lives here, many of whom have gone on to Rockford Lutheran Junior and Senior High School.
Academy students average two to three grade levels above national and state averages.
Small classes provide each Academy student with individualized attention from our faculty of gifted teachers.
But the best way to get to know Rockford Lutheran Academy is to visit us. You’ll experience first-hand the nurturing environment in every classroom and our Before/After school programs.
To schedule a visit that is convenient for you and your family, call 815-226-4947. We look forward to meeting and getting to know you.